Backlinking- High Quality
GOOGLE PENGUIN UPDATE CHANGES (OFFSITE OPTIMIZATION)
Goal: Google Penguin targeted unnatural link footprints; it got rid of blog networks, link wheels, and unnatural quantities of Anchor text links laden with keyword rich anchor text.
So, if Google see unnatural links, they’re going to de-index the links or not pay attention to the links.
Google wants to see a good mix of the following types of links:
- Good mix of No follow links, Google Wants 20% of no follow links
- Brand links that just talk about the brand
- Brand/Generic links, just links to the url, what I like to call “other” types of links
- “click here”
- “best plumber”….etc.
- “check this out”
- I.e.: “this company’s awesome!”. Yes, they look for the word ‘Awesome’,
- Anchor Text Links
- Contextual links that line up with keyword and link to a page
- Long Tail targeted keywords also
- Want 50% of back links to go to deep linking on internal pages of site
- Need to CORRECT blend of links if over optimization penalty exists, by linking to related keywords to balance out the “mix” or % of links. I.e.: water down the over optimization keyword.
iv. Network Site Links
- A credible, authority site with a good PR that is in the customer’s vertical or geography is best
- Links that are relevant to the customer’s line of business